I bought a video eye on Aliexpress. A wire with a connector comes from the peephole, and there is a port on the back of the screen. What are their names? Is it some kind of USB or what is it?

enter image description here

UPD: I need to extend the wire. Therefore, I need to find an extension cable for this connector. If the extension cable does not exist, I will have to solder.

  • \$\begingroup\$ mezzanine connector ... duckduckgo.com/… \$\endgroup\$
    – jsotola
    Jan 8, 2023 at 19:51
  • \$\begingroup\$ It's a mezzanine connector, but there are tons of types of those, and they don't correspond to any particular signalling standard. You could probably pin down a specific (or at least compatible) connector if you added some measurements, but to determine how things are communicating over it might be harder, if that's what you want to do. \$\endgroup\$
    – Hearth
    Jan 8, 2023 at 20:38

1 Answer 1


port and connector

  • Port:

After a bit of research, it appears not to be a port at all (and certainly not USB or any common protocol). It appears to be just an internal connector between the main control PCB and a FPC (Flex Printed Circuit) to a peripheral with a variety of proprietary signal lines.

  • Connector:

That is a 3.5 mm, dual beam, mezzanine, board-to-board connector (my site). If you measure the center-to-center distance between the first and the last pin in mm, we can divide it by 14 to calculate the pitch and then narrow it down to the specific part.

It could be:


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.