I came across this development board for an RF amp, and I noted what I presume to be some kind of distributed RF elements that I don't recognize, and I can't recon what they might be for.
The data sheet is here, but here's the image Close up of RF development board So far as I can tell, they're isolated rectangles of metal. They're going to provide a little coupling to ground, and they couple to each other, so they'll provide some coupling to GND for the Signal, but surely this is negligible? Is there some effect that means they have a desirable frequency dependant behavior?



Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.