I have an automotive grade blu-ray unit and I'm missing a cable to connecti it to a second screen.

The cable is the blue one I'm showing in the pictures (LVDS) and it is a universal FAKRA type, however, I do not know what the connector type itself is called (4 pin, round).

Would you happen to know what these are called?

enter image description here enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ Maybe proprietary, but it's also very similar to DIN connectors. A make/model on the player would be helpful. And are you certain it is LVDS? LVDS is normally has 20 to 36 pins, in a video context. \$\endgroup\$ – Passerby Apr 17 '13 at 18:43
  • \$\begingroup\$ Such shopping questions not involving design are off-topic. \$\endgroup\$ – Leon Heller Apr 17 '13 at 18:48
  • 3
    \$\begingroup\$ @LeonHeller Not a shopping question!, just want to know what these are called. \$\endgroup\$ – dukeofgaming Apr 17 '13 at 18:49
  • \$\begingroup\$ sounds to me like a CAN bus connector, according to this fx.damasgate.com/physical-layers-and-media there's no standard for that bus connector type. \$\endgroup\$ – Standard Sandun Apr 17 '13 at 20:46
  • \$\begingroup\$ Looks a bit like a locking version of the connectors in this Q/A : electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/58490/… \$\endgroup\$ – user_1818839 Apr 17 '13 at 22:05

This connector seems to be a FAKRA HSD connector. Please check these links:



and the catalog from the Rosenberger for this type of connectors:


A connector similar with the one mounted on the system is D4S20G- 400A5- D (Rosenberger catalog, page 19; the last letter is for connector type - Bordeaux). Concerning the one mounted on wire, check the following pages.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.