Generally asking, but primarily for KiCad, what is the schematic symbol typically used for FPC/FFC/flex cables?

That is to say, the flat end which is sometimes stiffened and does not have a connector like in the following image:


In KiCad, would the above cable be represented by Connector_Generic > Conn_01x14?

KiCad Connector_Generic > Conn_01x14

Or is this something that a Bus in KiCad can be used for? I doubt this because this appears to only be a way to make connections within a project, while in the use-case I'm asking about there is no further connection after this FFC (in the context of the project).


1 Answer 1


That is essentially the same as an edge connector on a normal PC board, so I'd use a generic connector as the schematic symbol.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.