I have a small electronic device that seems to have suffered from a voltage surge or similar bad event (ESD?).

I think it is a DC/DC converter but I couldn't find anything with the markings that are hard to read/take a picture of: W8BFZ?

PCB picture

It has 6 pins, 1 bottom left, the 2 is visibly ground and the others are connected to external lump elements. The pin 5 seems to have exploded.

I found a similar device called MP2459 and the pinout matches (2=GND, 5=IN).

Can someone identify more precisely the chip ID?

Edit: forgot to post the corpse:

aftermath of whatever event caused destruction

  • \$\begingroup\$ Can you provide package dimensions? \$\endgroup\$
    – Voltage Spike
    Aug 26, 2023 at 1:31
  • \$\begingroup\$ I don't have tools to measure but I'm pretty sure the cap on the left is 0201. That should help gauge the size. Does that answer? Sorry I can't do better \$\endgroup\$ Aug 26, 2023 at 2:15

1 Answer 1


It's a Silergy Corp SY8120B1ABC step down converter.

enter image description here

enter image description here

(Source: lcsc.com)


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.