enter image description here

What does this symbol mean? It's part number is XM## and is connected in series with the output voltage of a chip.

  • 4
    \$\begingroup\$ I've only ever seen that used for a jumper. What does it physically look like? \$\endgroup\$ Jul 15, 2013 at 2:20
  • \$\begingroup\$ On the layout file it is physically merged with the chip. I don't have the chip itself readily available unfortunately. \$\endgroup\$
    – Drew
    Jul 15, 2013 at 2:56
  • \$\begingroup\$ A colleague has confirmed that its a jumper, that can be removed to measure amperage/power. \$\endgroup\$
    – Drew
    Jul 15, 2013 at 2:58
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ @Drew you can answer your own question. \$\endgroup\$
    – Phil Frost
    Jul 15, 2013 at 11:52

1 Answer 1


This is a jumper. In this case, it is used to remove so that a power/amperage measurement can be made.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.