I have a tri-phase generator which outputs AC voltage waveforms (\$R\$, \$S\$ and \$T\$) with 120o phase shift between them. I want to rectify these voltages and obtain a single DC voltage.

I designed the circuit below, but I'm not sure whether it will work or not.

enter image description here

a) Would this circuit work? (Importatant, please don't skip.)
b) What are the alternative/better circuits for this purpose?


This is what a 3-phase rectifier bridge looks like:


simulate this circuit – Schematic created using CircuitLab

|improve this answer|||||
  • \$\begingroup\$ This circuit is different. OP circuit will rectify 230VAC, yours 380VAC so those two circuit output voltage is different. \$\endgroup\$ – Damien Sep 20 '19 at 4:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.