Do AC transformers (particularly the 60 hertz ones) generate an Extremely Low Frequency (ELF) wave at 60 hertz or is it just a plain oscillating magnetic field with no electronic part 90º out of phase like normal RF waves.
1) Are transformers generators? NO.
2) Do transformers radiate E/M waves? Generally, transformers are very poor at radiating E/M waves.
3) Do transforms have an E/M near field? Typically transformers have a very small near-field considering the amount of power they transform. All transformers are designed to have a very small near-field because it would be ineffecient: field outside the transformer coils is field that is not being used.
4) Is there a detectible near-field? Yes, if you have the correct equipment.
5) Is there a detectible radiated field? No, not unless you are doing something weird.
6) Is the near-field or the radiated field as detectable as that from a HV transmission line? No, normally not.