I have a standard computer power supply unit pci-e power 8 pin connector like this one:

pcie connector
(source: playtool.com)

I want to power my own PCB via a connector like this and I am having trouble find the name of the pcb socket housing for it. I have gotten to the point where I think that it is a molex mini-fit, dual row, but I can't find anything that would have a matching square/round pin configuration.

What is the name of the socket for this connector and where can I buy one?


The similar but incompatible connector I was finding is called EPS. Here is a nice page showing various PC connector types and their names http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html

Molex 45558-0003 is the equivalent 6 pin version. Need to find the 8 pin sku.

Other names I have found: 8-pin PCI Express auxiliary power. The only place I found where you can buy one is http://www.moddiy.com/products/8%252dPin-Graphics-Card-PCIe-Male-Header-Connector-%252d-90%25-Angled-%252d-Black.html


1 Answer 1


Molex Mini-Fit family is probably similar to what you're looking for: http://www.molex.com/molex/products/group?channel=products&key=minifit_products

Many distributors are selling these. In Europe, you can try TME: http://www.tme.pl/

  • \$\begingroup\$ Yes, I narrowed it down to Mini-Fit Jr: molex.com/molex/products/… \$\endgroup\$ Commented Oct 31, 2013 at 15:13
  • 3
    \$\begingroup\$ Unfortunately it's not a normal Mini-Fit JR. As you have noticed it has special keying. While i've seen unbranded versions of this connector for sale at various PC modding places i've never seen a SKU from a major connector vendor for it. \$\endgroup\$ Commented Nov 14, 2015 at 14:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.