So I've just received my first bench power supply and she seems like not working. But As it's my first I'm perhaps doing something wrong.
- First test, I go to continuous voltage, set it to 0V. Put the negative probe of my multimeter in the ground output and the positive to the +V output. Set the multimeter to 20V DC resolution . Start to increase the voltage on the power supply from 0V to 15V (max). My multimeter is like going crazy from -1.5V to +1.5V with any loads (from 0.1V to 15V same result) But the screen on the power supply looks like displaying the correct value.
- Second one, set it up to continuous current, can't change the value, always display 0A, sometimes voltage change a bit without any wires attached to the output. Usually when the current wheel is at 100%, then I can read 0A and around 1V to 1.2V.
So, am I doing something wrong or does it just doesn't work ? (In that cas have to return it asap)
EDIT : Additional tests :
- I've checked the fuse, seems ok (for me shouldn't even turn on without but who knows).
- I've tested with another multimeter and same result.
- I've try do plug a PC fan on it 12V, 150mA, in CC or CV doesn't work but work when plugged on a 9V battery so the fan is ok.