This is one of two bridge rectifiers recovered from a failed LED lamp.

Bridge Rectifier

I've seen the 'backwards R' before but don't know what it means/identifies. The other logo on the left is one I've never seen before. Can anyone identify/explain either of these? Thanks.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Did you try googling "DB104 bridge rectifier"? \$\endgroup\$
    – Joe Hass
    Dec 24, 2013 at 0:06
  • \$\begingroup\$ @Joe, yes, and I looked at several data sheets trying to find the logo on the left, to no avail. \$\endgroup\$ Dec 24, 2013 at 0:44
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/49780/… \$\endgroup\$
    – jippie
    Dec 24, 2013 at 8:19
  • \$\begingroup\$ Thanks, @jippie, I up voted your reply to that question. \$\endgroup\$ Dec 24, 2013 at 16:34

2 Answers 2


This appears to be Russian, or sold by Russians. At least, I find Russian parts suppliers listing bridge rectifiers with the same logo. For example at this odd URL with spaces in it: http://radimexbg.com/index.php?pid=1%20%20%20%20%20%209122 or same part at http://radiodetali.spb.ru/diody-i-diodnye-mosty/most-diodnyjj-kbu6m/id190/

I hope you read Russian! Google translate didn't turn up any obvious manufacturer's name, so far. But having gotten this far, my curiosity will not rest...

UPDATE: Aha got it! Yangzhou Yangjie Electronics Co Ltd http://www.21yangjie.com/en/

PDF datasheet for the other part (not the one in the original question): http://images.ihscontent.net/vipimages/VipMasterIC/IC/YANG/YANGS00160/YANGS00160-1.pdf

  • \$\begingroup\$ how on Earth did you track that down? Have you just seen parts with that logo before? Anyway, good show! \$\endgroup\$ Dec 24, 2013 at 3:29
  • \$\begingroup\$ (blows final wisps of smoke off hot googling fingertips) Well, that was the hardest Google search I've done in a long time. \$\endgroup\$
    – DarenW
    Dec 24, 2013 at 3:52
  • \$\begingroup\$ Thanks. @Peter, I think this was the more difficult question to answer, so with thanks to you as well, I'm giving the laurels to Daren. \$\endgroup\$ Dec 24, 2013 at 4:50
  • \$\begingroup\$ Peter is right about the reverse "UR" so I upvoted :) Amazing, how we can come together on a site like this and solve mysteries. \$\endgroup\$
    – DarenW
    Dec 24, 2013 at 5:01
  • \$\begingroup\$ Yup well done dude +1 \$\endgroup\$
    – Andy aka
    Dec 24, 2013 at 10:48

The reverse "UR" logo is an Underwriters Laboratories component recognition mark. (UL http://www.ul.com/ ) is a US standards certification organization.

The other logo is probably the manufacturer's logo, but I don't recognize it.

  • \$\begingroup\$ UL have an index of logo's.... just trying to find it ...I think it was the UL white book ? \$\endgroup\$
    – Spoon
    Dec 24, 2013 at 9:32
  • \$\begingroup\$ Ok... I think my memory is faulty... it's not in the white book ... but i m trying to read it on my tablet and it's not fun. For ref ul.com/global/documents/offerings/perspectives/regulators/… \$\endgroup\$
    – Spoon
    Dec 24, 2013 at 9:47
  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ database.ul.com/cgi-bin/XYV/template/LISEXT/1FRAME/glocids.html the index's of trade marks ..... not the most easy to use index, but if your desperate... \$\endgroup\$
    – Spoon
    Dec 24, 2013 at 9:56
  • \$\begingroup\$ @Spoon, that is very interesting, in a "late night browsing" sort of way. I searched through all the linked UL directories that made sense, and found Yangzhou… in the third "Recognized Components" volume. But if I hadn't known the name of the company courtesy of DarenW, I would have had to visually scan every page for the logo. So yeah, if you're desperate. Still, fun to see, so thanks. \$\endgroup\$ Dec 24, 2013 at 16:45

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.