I'm trying to (hopefully) reuse a smartphone LCD and touchscreen controller, among some other components.

The first step is to break out the tiny connectors on the board. It appears to be 2 board to FPC connections. See picture here: https://i.stack.imgur.com/jctIv.jpg (bottom right, sorry for the poor quality)

I found this resource but it's almost impossible for me to tell which one specifically is used.

Any suggestions for how I could get to those signals or wire it up to a breadboard?

Much appreciated.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Is soldering wire leads to the connector not an option? \$\endgroup\$
    – tyblu
    Jan 28, 2011 at 5:58
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Not unless I was an inch tall. They're much too small. \$\endgroup\$
    – RobbR
    Jan 28, 2011 at 14:23

1 Answer 1


These type of connectors are usually called fine pitch board-to-board connectors. I doubt that you'll really find a way to connect to them without having to solder small wire leads. With the right tools, it's not as hard as you think. You'll need some fine gauge wire (wire-wrap works great), magnification, and a soldering iron with a sharp tip. With a little practice, I'm sure you can do it!


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.