U.FL is the connector; the antenna is printed on the attached PCB. It depends on the design, but in general you'd use one or the other. To design it to use both would be a lot of trouble just to increase the cost. It's probably to give some flexibility in the way the module is integrated into the larger design.

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible