Electrical/Electronic/Electromechanical/Control Engineer & Hobbyist
Passions / Interests:
- Analog electronics
- Power converters and controls
- Motor dynamics and controls
I'd like to get involved with an open source HW project.
I also enjoy reading. If you're into stories about technology, I highly recommend these books. Word of caution - if you're anything like me, these books will be inspiring and depressing at the same time. The inspirational part speaks for itself... you either get that or you don't. Depressing because being part of something great is, to a great extent, being in the right place at the right time with the right people. Nevertheless, great reads...
- "Faraday, Maxwell. and the Electromagnetic Field", Forbes, Mahon.
- "The Tizard Mission", Phelps.
- "Tuxedo Park", Conant.
- "Skunk Works", Rich, Janos.
- "Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!", Feynman
... and my personal favorites:
- "The Soul of a New Machine", Kidder
- "The Idea Factory", Gertner.
Member for 4 years, 5 months
10 profile views
Last seen Mar 23 '15 at 17:33