I'm trying to create a budget for producing a small electronic device that I've developed. I'm wondering if there is a template I could use or someone could link me to an article I could utilize to make sure I factor in all costs involved. The main unknown for me is the cost of the enclosure. I was thinking of having it produced in China and wanted to compare an order of 1,000 vs. say 10,000.
The enclosure design and size is somewhat similar to the Memoto camera although it would also have a door to replace batteries:
What I have so far for production:
- Components - I used Digikey for this
- Enclosure - Unsure what an enclosure like the Memoto would cost per unit?
- Assembly - I have read roughly $3 per unit for a one layer PCB with 30 components?
- Packaging - Bare box and bubble wrap
- Shipping from China to fulfillment depot in US - crate costs? How many would fit on a crate?
- Testing? Or is this included in assembly?
Offset against investment costs:
- Plastic Mould - I have read $10,000?
- Assembly machine setup costs?
I'm not looking for someone to hand me all the answers but if you could point me in the right direction it would be a great help.