We want to provide new machinery of a runner conveyor and a belt conveyor in the US market.
The equipment consists of:
- the basic construction (metal parts, runners, drums, and belts),
- electric motors which give the movement to the system of the runners and drums, and also
- the electric control panel with appropriate buttons.
We would like to ask if anyone could clarify th following:
- whether some type of test certification is needed to meet US legislation like a test of an NRTL for the final product with all the parts of the product including the electric and electronic equipment,
- or the NRTL tests certification of the electric and electronic equipment could fulfill somehow legislation requirements.
Please consider that the product is constructed in EU towards EN ISO Standards and has CE mark and the Declaration of Conformity. Towards the European Directives, the final product with electric and electronic equipment is not necessary to Certify towards LVD and EMC Directive since it is intended to be used in industry and all the electric and electronic parts are certified by a certified body.
We have already been informed that the CE mark is not acceptable to the US and all the machinery fulfills 29 CFR Part 1910 and NFPA 79 Electrical Standards for Industrial Machinery, also UL 508A-Standard for Safety-Industrial Control Panels.
Also, we would like to ask you if there some type of responsible authority in the US to inform us and clarify these type of questions.