I would like to do a bit of prototyping and have been wanting to leverage edge connectors as it would make my layout a whole lot easier. When using these, are you forced to get some kind of prototyping board that has built in fingers like this:
enter image description here

Do they sell stand-alone, through-hole fingers that can be added to a pre-existing prototyping board? Maybe the connector and plug as a bundle? I'm looking for something very specific... ~60pin, through-hole, ideally wire-wrap.

On a side note, if anyone knows where to even get the boards with built-in edge connectors that would be great too. I can't really find any but that's probably because I don't know the proper search terms.


1 Answer 1


Probably no. You may want to roll your own board for this.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Gold plating and chamfering will cost extra. \$\endgroup\$
    – CL.
    Commented Mar 24, 2016 at 7:54
  • \$\begingroup\$ How do you do this? You mean create it yourself based on specifications out there? \$\endgroup\$
    – Dave C
    Commented Mar 24, 2016 at 20:50
  • \$\begingroup\$ @DaveC Yes. There are drawings on how the fingers should look like. \$\endgroup\$ Commented Mar 25, 2016 at 6:33

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.