Good evening,

I'm looking for a connector that can house 14-pin connector display. Problem is that it has some extra space on the side which would not fit into regular connector.

Does anyone knows of the model of this specific connector ?

See images below for the display schematic and image.

Thank you.

schematic image

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ ask the supplier of that display. \$\endgroup\$ Apr 1, 2020 at 19:06

1 Answer 1


Usually, these type are soldered to pcb directly.Standart FPC/FFC do not have Vias on the gold fingers.

These are soldered directly to a matching footprint on the pcb.

You have the following options:

  • Ask Manufacturer for mating connector
  • Try to cut the pcb to match a standart connector
  • Buy a standart 14-pin cable assembly and solder it on the pcb, then insert the cable in a standart connector.
  • \$\begingroup\$ Is it safe to cut around cable (assuming that I would not touch any of pins 1-14 ?) \$\endgroup\$
    – saikek
    Apr 1, 2020 at 19:54
  • \$\begingroup\$ This depends. For "emergency solution" i would do it. Otherwise i would either look for another display ore use the cable adapter i described \$\endgroup\$
    – sgt_johnny
    Apr 1, 2020 at 20:03

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.