I'm trying to identify this symbol coming from a 1985 electrical single line diagram (from a marine engineering project).

It looks like a closed disconnector switch or a styled fuse maybe?

enter image description here

Here is some context around the symbol:

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ It is a Дюкер ! \$\endgroup\$ Sep 8, 2021 at 11:17
  • \$\begingroup\$ What would it be in english? Gas pipe? \$\endgroup\$ Sep 8, 2021 at 11:27
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ who knows "Syphon" anti-galvanic connection to prevent corrosion on pipe line to siphon electron collision to earth rather than corrode pipe. " cathodic protection type " \$\endgroup\$ Sep 8, 2021 at 11:34
  • \$\begingroup\$ It looks like a sliding earth-link to me. I can't find a reference. \$\endgroup\$
    – Transistor
    Sep 8, 2021 at 11:39
  • \$\begingroup\$ Looks like a fusible link. \$\endgroup\$ Sep 8, 2021 at 12:04

1 Answer 1


It's a cartridge circuit breaker as per this website entitled Electrical and Electronic symbols: -

enter image description here

The bigger question will inevitably be - did the person making the diagram back in 1985 adhere to the standards or, were the standards of today the same as they were in 1985.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.