I am software developer and I am totally new to circuits field.
Can somebody help me to understand how the 125 kHz transmitter and AS3933 receiver works?
This is the link where it says how it function, but the steps they have given is very generic for me to understand.
http://www.ams.com/eng/content/download/200176/865682 (link goes to a 4.3MB PDF)
The steps they gave in the document (p.4) are as follows:
- Connect the +9V DC power supply F to the 125kHz Wake-up Transmitter Board.
- Insert the +3V battery at H of the AS3933 Demoboard
- Turn on the AS3933 Demoboard via the ON/OFF-Switch C. All LEDs flash up once.
- Start transmitting wake-up patterns via AUTO E of PATTERN B.
- As soon as the AS3933 Demoboard receives a wake-up pattern the RSSI LEDs flash up for 0.5s and show the momentary received signal strength. At the same time the X, Y, or Z LED flash up indicating which channel receives the strongest signal
Basically what I am looking for from member of this forum , is to demonstrate what should I do in order to test this development kit. I mean 1st, 2nd , 3rd and...so on steps.
I also want to know in what specific distance this circuit will transmit and receive the signal?