I would like to have a power switch for the solid state guitar amp I am building, but I would like an LED indicator to know when it is on. I know how to do this using a dpdt on-off, but would it be possible to use an spst and still have the LED?

  • \$\begingroup\$ depends on what you are switching. ... is it actual power? or is it some sort of a mute switch? \$\endgroup\$
    – jsotola
    Commented Jan 28, 2018 at 3:09
  • \$\begingroup\$ Power, sorry. Not a standby. \$\endgroup\$
    – Jebull
    Commented Jan 28, 2018 at 3:18
  • \$\begingroup\$ Yes. Just run the LED from the power. Power present means LED is on. And conversely. \$\endgroup\$
    – user57037
    Commented Jan 28, 2018 at 3:26

1 Answer 1


Yes. Put the LED in parallel with your amp:


simulate this circuit – Schematic created using CircuitLab


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.