I'd like to transmit an audio signal over a digital radio and I figured out I'd need an op-amp in an inverting configuration on the transmitting side to turn a -2V to 2V signal into a 0-4V one. That will be fed into an ADC which then supplies the radio with a digital signal. On the receiving side though I'd need to do the reverse in order to hear the audio properly, so that means the 0-4V signal now needs to be the -2V to 2V one again. Could an op-amp also be used for this, and how? Thanks for helping!


Could an op-amp also be used for this, and how?

No need to use an op-amp if your signal is audio. Shifting a biased audio signal of 0 - 4 volts to an unbiased voltage requires only a RC high pass filter. It will remove the DC offset: -

enter image description here

You decide on the values of R and C so that the lowest frequency you wish to pass is: -

$$F_{LOW} = \dfrac{1}{2\pi RC}$$

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.