Please excuse me if this is not the right place to ask this question.

I have been looking for a specific ribbon cable (motherboard to LCD board) for my Huawei Matebook X Pro for more than a year now and I still can't find it.

Now, Im trying to see if someone with good soldering skills and have proper tools would be able to just replace the FPC connector and so I'm looking for this FPC connector below, you can see on the screenshot seem to have 3 broken PINS

enter image description here

enter image description here

I've spent countless hours searching online for this but Im still not sure if its even possible for me to know which one to get. I check on digikey and the result is just overwhelming.

All I know is it has 40 pins, but Im not sure if all the FPC which looks like this and has 40 pins would fit on this. I've seen FPC connector for Smartphones on AliExpress with 40 pins on them which looks like this but I have no idea if they are the same and can be use on my case.

BTW, here is the actual image of the flex connector that I can't find online enter image description here enter image description here

I'd appreciate if someone can advise how to get that correct FPC connector.


  • \$\begingroup\$ You might have some luck with SAMTEC. They make that sort of thing. You'll need to measure the connector carefully though, often times these parts are customized to fit the application. It may not have an off-the-shelf part \$\endgroup\$
    – pgvoorhees
    Jul 20, 2020 at 12:42
  • \$\begingroup\$ I /think/ I've seen this exact connector, it is usually used for connecting eDP through a flat flex PCB to a panel. Search for mezzanine connectors, and you're gonna have a bad time finding the entire assembly unless you search ebay. \$\endgroup\$
    – hatsunearu
    Jul 21, 2020 at 0:22
  • \$\begingroup\$ @Symmetrics, please take the repair part of the question out of your post. Repair questions are off topic. We do identification questions, but you will need to provide adequate measurements (pitch of solder pads and dimensions of the connector). If editing doesn't work for you, I will be forced to close the question \$\endgroup\$
    – Voltage Spike
    Jul 21, 2020 at 21:17
  • \$\begingroup\$ For a forum that allows the repair part of your question you could look at www.piclist.com (don't be put off by the presentation or the PIC in the name). Then visit mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist and join the mailing list and say hello. You can refer to this question with this link \$\endgroup\$
    – Russell McMahon
    Jul 24, 2020 at 11:01

3 Answers 3


Reminds the Molex slimstack. Can be similar enough to order samples. Can you check the pitch?



These look like a variant of the Panasonic FPC to board connectors.

If you can take measurements and have a close look at the details here you might be able to figure out which exact model it is.

I haven't had many successes with repairing FPCs (they were delaminating quite fast), but you might have better luck.



This may be your part. I'd search this site. Unfortunately there are no images to compare to but the part is cheap so it wouldn't hurt to just grab one.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.