I have a little PCB which converts a 42 pin LCD connector from a laptop MB to 12 pins and 22 pins for the LCD. I need to replace the 42 pin connector. How do I identify it precisely, or identify what kind of connectors should work here too?

From imprecise measures of the PCB pins, I got 20 mm for 40 pins. The connector takes the cable parallel to the PCB. There's no holding system for the cable other than the tightness. The connector seems to be (from imprecise measures): 25.18 mm or 24.52 mm or 26.09 mm large, 1.4-0.78 mm tall and 2.5-3.23 mm long. The MB pins seems to have 40 identical pins, 2 lager pins on the ends and 2 slots to solder the connector ends.


For an Asus ZenBook UX480FD-BE015T

  • 5
    \$\begingroup\$ Do you have any pictures? \$\endgroup\$
    – Null
    Oct 11, 2021 at 20:54
  • \$\begingroup\$ google.com/… \$\endgroup\$ Oct 11, 2021 at 21:08
  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ Please include the images directly in your post (as at least as links to the individual images) rather than linking to an archive. \$\endgroup\$
    – jcaron
    Oct 11, 2021 at 22:06

1 Answer 1


That is an "LVDS" (Low-voltage differential signalling) connector. https://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/connectors/pcb-connectors-wire-housings/lvds-connectors/. The pitch is 0.5 mm.

I used my connector identification utility to identify it. It could be:


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.