I'm trying to find a datasheet for the receiver component in Snap Circuits part U24, which is an infrared light detector/receiver. It looks exactly like a TSOP382 sensor (picture below) but doesn't seem to work like one.
Here's my understanding of how the component works:
- Similar to an NPN transistor
- Connect pin 1 to Vcc (5V)
- Connect pin 2 to GND (0V) (similar to Emitter)
- Connect load to pin 3 (LED in my case) (similar to Collector)
- When infrared light is detected, pin 3 and pin 2 are connected, like in an NPN transistor
Again, I'm specifically looking for the datasheet or the exact name of the component.