I'm looking to do a quick, cheap, DIY LED project. But not sure what I actually need to shop for.
I'm making this drinking game similar to Plinko from the game show The Price is Right. I would like to add battery powered LEDs to the inside if it's frame.
Here's some specs/ideas on what I'm looking for:
- These are for visual effects mostly, with some illumination at night. So, not a lot of voltage. Maybe 3mm?
- The frame (inside dimensions) will be about 18x30 inches. I'm thinking maybe 2 LEDs shining down from the top, and 3 on each side.
- I want them to blink slowly (like the rate a christmas tree light does). But each one should blink on it's own, not all of them at once.
- Looking for white or rotating color. Exact temp isn't important.
- I'll be using a plastic battery case to power it. Either D batteries or AA. Case isn't bought yet, so I can still get one that holds a different number.
- I'd like for 1 set of batteries to last at least 12 hours.
- I need it to be easy to wire up. I say this because I've seen some that look mounted on a tiny disc that needs special contacts. Some soldering is OK, but the soldering gun I own isn't very precise. These will be mounted in the wooden frame (prob through drilled holes).
- Will I need resistor(s) as well?
I hope that answers any questions that's needed. Can you lead me to know what I'm actually looking for? Thank you very much.
P.S. In case you need a better idea of what I'm making, here's a rough image. Little circles are pegs. Orange ball is dropped at the top, bounces down the pegs, & lands in one of the slots at the bottom.